Friday, January 2, 2009

Goals for January

I learned from my experience of trying to get my finances in order that it really helps to set goals for each month. It provides much better accountability and keeps those big goals from seeming too overwhelming. The idea of losing 120 lbs. certainly seems overwhelming to me. But if I just attack it 10 lbs. at a time, I know I can do better. So here are the first month's goals:

  1. Lose 10 lbs. The first step to doing this is to pick a weight loss plan to follow. I'm torn between Weight Watchers online, The Sonoma Diet, and the Structure House Weight Loss Plan. Each has its pros and cons. But I need to make a decision and start the plan by Sunday.
  2. Exercise 30 minutes per day. I expect I'll mostly be using my exercise bike for this month's exercise. (Anything to avoid going outside in the cold!)
  3. Inventory everything! I plan to clean out my clothes closet and dresser drawers, as well as my jewelry and my make-up stash in the bathroom and create inventory lists of all clothes, shoes, purses, hats, jewelry, make-up and hair accessories. This includes making lists of anything that needs mending.
  4. Create a needs assessment/wish list. Then I can take the list shopping with me throughout the year and watch for sales. Hopefully, this well help me avoid buying individual items that don't go with anything else in my closet.
That should be enough to keep me busy. Maybe doing all that cleaning, organizing and inventorying will help keep me from snacking!

1 comments:

misskate said...

I highly recommend Sparkpeople.com It's free and the people in the communities are amazing.

 

design by suckmylolly.com